Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wild Jellies

Today was taste testing day!  I took two of my new jellies, made from flowers, to co-op for other moms to try.  The all around opinion was that they were good!  Not to sweet and not to "un-sweet".  The flavors blend well.

Unfortunately, my roses are done with their early spring bloom.  I got just enough roses off the bushes today to do one more batch.  So I'm planning on pulling honeysuckle this week and making extract.  Then I'll freeze the extract until the rose bushes give their midsummer blooms.  Well, I'll freeze part of the extract for that.  The rest will make the batches of honeysuckle jelly.

And Mom has a batch of honeysuckle & rose mead going.  She decided to throw it all in together rather than do two separate batches.  So I may have to fight her for my flowers next year! 

Now off to make some wine jellies for taste testing next week!  As well as strawberry jam.  It's going to be an interesting week.

I hope you all are having success with your endeavors today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share ideas. I'd love to hear from you.