Monday, May 7, 2012

Running


Running seems to be most of what I'm doing lately.  It's good running but it gets tiring after a while.

I spent Friday running between stores to get the groceries.  Lots of good sales so lots of things to repackage.  Which meant I spent Saturday in the kitchen repacking meats.  Along with a side trip down to pick up catfish, which then joined into the repacking marathon.

After I got all the meats repacked I had to run to get a load of pallets.  These are in good shape.  And to get them, I got the back of the caravan cleaned out again.  This was the first time I used it to haul pallets, and it does a good job with the extra seats out.

Then somewhere between Saturday and Sunday, I made powdered onion.  (Which is a major pain to do and takes forever!)  And I got the strawberries prepped for jam.  And I got laundry done.  Oh, and don't forget lessons.  And another trip to pick up pallets.

Then this morning I had to go into town to the Dollar Tree.  There was a need for a few items that they carry.  And the gas was almost $.10/gallon cheaper there so I got half a tank.  Then to get another load of pallets.

So I think we are home for the rest of today.  I have to get at least two jams/jellies made for taste testing tomorrow.  Along with finishing the laundry because my son added more this morning.  And more onions to caramelize so that they can be processed.  Along with waiver forms to fill out (uck! legalese) and a letter to the school district.  And that doesn't even touch the need to put in the new garden beds, weed and mulch one of the existing beds, take the sawzall to the pallets, fill the potato bed again, pick more honeysuckle, mow the lawn, pick the strawberries, tie up the grapes, mow the lawn, start several new jars of vinegar and clean out the herb garden bed.  Oh, and make a new cover for the yard swing and experiment with several projects made from the tree deadfall in my yard.

It's gonna be a busy week.  Here's hoping I get it all done!  I hope you are having a productive week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share ideas. I'd love to hear from you.