Friday, April 27, 2012

Hi again!

Well, let's see.  Yesterday was hectic and busy, so I didn't get a chance to stop by here.   Munchkin had a blast at swim, as did I.  I didn't have to hover over him so I got some down time.  I met another homeschool mom who just joined the group.  We seem to have a lot in common.

I got thirty one 8 oz jars of cream of onion soup and one 4 oz jar.  Now I'm working on the pints.  After that, any left will be caramelized and then dehydrated so that I can experiment with a dried mix to duplicate the canned mix.  The other recipes and dehydrated items will have to be done with a new bag of onions.  So it's official, I have to try to grow `100 lbs of onions if I want to take care of our needs from our own garden.  I'll see how much we get this year and then calculate for enough space next year.

And today I got to meet the lone yellow jacket in my yard.  I have a bad reaction to most stinging insects but my reaction to yellow jackets is particularly bad, only pure black hornets cause a worse reaction.  And this one got me on the bottom of my foot.  I've already applied the TNT tea bag.  And that helped a lot.  The random sharp shooting pains from the sting stopped almost immediately.  And now, 3 1/2 hours later, some swelling is showing.  I'm about to go rebandage the foot so that the tape doesn't dig into the swelling.  All in all this is a good reaction level.  I normally have the pains for hours (and they spread much further) and the sting will cause extreme swelling within the hour.  Last time my hand looked like a baseball because I took the teabag off too soon.  This teabag, or another, will stay on through the night with another one replacing it in the morning.  I can tolerate hobbling but if my foot decides to resemble a basketball I have to go to the ER.  I don't want to go to the ER.

And then I sliced my thumb on the mandoline while doing onions.  I wasn't paying attention and my thumb was in the wrong spot.  Geez.  It's a good size slice but it's stopped bleeding and I've gotten it trimmed up and bandaged. 

I swear, after the spider bite last week, this is three for personal injury.  That bloody bite turned nasty before I got it all cleared out.

Anyways, here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.  I still have to find the clothes that munchkin decided he didn't want to wear today.  He took them off outside and I've searched the entire yard and can't find them.  They'll probably show up - right after I mow over them.  Ahh well. 

Again, hoping for a better day tomorrow but today wasn't bad - just not good.  Here's hoping that you are having a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share ideas. I'd love to hear from you.