Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From Surviving to Thriving

If you're reading this first post then you probably have no clue who I am.  And that's ok.  Some days I'm not so sure that I know who I am.  But I started this year by making a promise to myself that we were going to move from "surviving" life to "thriving" in life.

We have been surviving for years.  Getting by, little by little, with lots of prayers to help us through the problems that are a continual part of life.  Some big things, some little things, but we were struggling just to deal with it.  I decided that we had done enough surviving, we were going to learn how to thrive.

That decision seems to have been some sort of jinx.  Or maybe the fates decided that I needed stronger motivators.  Regardless, in the months since that decision, I've become very grateful that I had already started on this path.  Life has dealt us some really nasty blows.  I'm waiting for the balancing good things to occur because they would be mighty appreciated around here.  But starting on the path doesn't mean that we are anywhere near ready to handle the stuff that got thrown at us.  I'm very thankful for the help that has been coming our way.  And very hopeful that we will find our way out of this mess quickly.

So on this blog I will try to tell you what we are doing, how we are doing it, and why.  Maybe some of it can help you.  We are starting this journey with an income of less than $1000/month.  And we is myself and my disabled child.  I find myself hoping that this blog tells a wonderful story as it goes on because I don't want it to go any other way for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share ideas. I'd love to hear from you.